Deadline: 31 March and 30 September of each year
Open to: nationals of one of the Member States of the European Union or of a State which is an official candidate for accession (Iceland, Macedonia, Montenegro and Turkey)
Remuneration: CoR-trainees are entitled to a monthly grant
The Committee of the Regions (CoR) is the political assembly that gives a voice to regional and local levels in EU policy development and EU legislation. The Treaties oblige the European Commission, Parliament and Council to consult the CoR whenever new proposals are made in areas that affect the regional or local level.
Every year, the Committee of the Regions (CoR) offers a limited number of university graduates a five-month traineeship:
- from 16 February to 15 July (spring session);
- from 16 September to 15 February of the following year (autumn session).
Each trainee is assigned to a specific department of the CoR. The nature of the work depends largely on the unit. Some units are more politically oriented, others are more administrative. In general, the type of work assigned is equivalent to that performed by junior executive-grade officials (AD5).
The aim of the traineeship within the CoR is:
- to provide a unique, first-hand experience of the workings of the CoR in particular, and of the EU institutions in general;
- to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work of the Committee’s departments;
- to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- you will have the opportunity to organise a study visit to a European local or regional authority, in connection with the Committee’s political priorities;
- to put into practice knowledge acquired during studies, particularly in your areas of competence.
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union or of a State which is an official candidate for accession (Iceland, Macedonia, Montenegro and Turkey) ;
- have completed at least the first cycle of a higher education course and obtained a full degree by the closing date for applications;
- have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another EU-working language (French or English).
For more details on the admission criteria please see the website HERE.
CoR-trainees are entitled to a monthly grant. The amount of the grant is equivalent to 25% of the salary of AD*5 officials (step 1) at the start of the traineeship for the full 5-month period. A monthly supplement of EUR 100 is given to married trainees whose spouses are not gainfully employed and to trainees who have dependent children (100, 00/child/month). A supplementary grant amounting to up to half of the monthly grant may be granted to a handicapped trainee.
How to Apply?
Autumn session: Between 1st October and 31st March (midnight, Brussels local time) of the same year.
Visit the website HERE for more information on the application procedure.
Rue Belliard 101
phone: (32-2) 282 2211
fax: (32-2) 282 2325
email: [email protected]
For more details, please see the official website HERE.