Deadline: 31 January 2014
Open to: residents of Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine
Award: scholarship to the Graduate Studies Program 2014 at Singularity University, located at NASA Research Park in Silicon Valley, California worth USD 30,000 USD.
Global Impact Competition (GIC), a programme run by Singularity University, is looking for projects in CEE that can solve problems and improve human life using accelerating technology.
Inventures.eu caught up with Botond Bognár, Singularity University Ambassador to Hungary. He explained that “due to an increasing awareness of technology driven developments, we are expecting a record amount of high quality projects from Central and Eastern Europe this year.”
One of Singularity University’s methods to achieve impact in the world is through Global Impact Competitions. The competitions acts as a platform to identify outstanding entrepreneurs, leaders, scientists and engineers who propose the most innovative project to positively impact one million people in their country or region in the next 3 years.
The competition is open to residents of Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine.
In order to be accepted in the programme, you must:
- Have the ability to improve the standard of living – health, education and security through the use of technology – of one million people in the CEE region in the next three years
- Deal with one global challenge: Education, Energy, Environment, Food, Health, Poverty, Security or Water
- Use Exponential Technologies such as artificial intelligence, biotechnology, nanotechnology, robotics, networks and computing
- Be a resident of the above-mentioned countries
One scholarship to the Graduate Studies Program 2014 at Singularity University, located at NASA Research Park in Silicon Valley, California worth USD 30,000 USD. Additional prizes may also be awarded for the implementation and incubation of certain projects.
The deadline is 31 January 2014 and the finals will take place on the 20 March in Budapest.
You have to follow these steps for applying:
- Once you complete the signup process, you’ll get an email to confirm your registration. Make sure to check your spam box just in case. Please add us to your safe sender list so that you can continue to receive messages from us.
- Complete the application on the site as per the instructions you’ll see when you log in.
To complete your application process, you will need to submit a link to a maximum 2-minute video presentation of your project, with the following suggested structure:
- 1 minute explaining the problem area and demonstrating your solution
- 30 seconds on the Team and/or You
- 30 seconds on how Singularity University will help you have an impact;
For further information please visit the official website.