Deadline: 13 February 2014
Open to: people working, volunteering in the field of HIV or journalists reporting on HIV from around the world
Venue: 20-25 July 2014, Melbourne, Australia
The International AIDS Conference is the premier gathering for those working in the field of HIV, as well as policy makers, persons living with HIV and other individuals committed to ending the pandemic. It is a chance to assess where we are, evaluate recent scientific developments and lessons learn, and collectively chart a course forward.
The convening of the 20th International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2014) in Melbourne, Australia, in July 2014 represents a tremendous opportunity to highlight the diverse nature of the Asia Pacific region’s HIV epidemic and the unique responses to it.
The conference organizers are committed to making AIDS 2014 accessible to people from resource-limited settings and communities, researchers, young people, community activists and civil society representatives. Therefore, a limited number of scholarships are available to support the attendance of individuals who are most able to transfer the skills and knowledge acquired there to the work they undertake in their own organizations and communities and who otherwise would not have the opportunity to attend the conference:
- International scholarship programme – open to everyone around the world working or volunteering in the field of HIV and AIDS
- Media scholarship programme – for media representatives from around the world.
- The programme is open to everyone working or volunteering in the field of HIV and to all bona-fide journalists who report on HIV in any country, including Australia
- You must be at least 16 years of age at the time of the conference (that is, turn 16 on or before 20 July 2014) to apply for a scholarship.
Scholarship applicants will be able to request a full or partial scholarship. A full scholarship includes:
- Registration fee for the conference (include access to all sessions and exhibitions);
- Travel (pre-paid airfare at the lowest fare available, from the nearest international airport);
- Accommodation (shared in a budget hotel or dorm for the days of the conference);
- Modest daily living allowance for the duration of the conference (20-25 July 2014, USD 55 per day).
A partial scholarship includes any combination of the above. Please note that funding is limited and demand for scholarships is high. Scholarship applicants are therefore encouraged to seek other funding as well.
The deadline is 13 February 2014, 24:00 CET. To apply for a scholarship, please click HERE to login to the conference profile.
For more information visit the official website HERE.