Deadline: 1 March 2014
Open to: everyone, but preference will be given to those with marketing background
Benefits: understanding social media platforms, learning the blogging ecosystem
Deeper Missions is dedicated to changing and saving lives. Through meaningful mission travel, they implement sustainability projects, such as clean energy, safe water and sanitation. The mission is to supply materials and provide on-the-ground services which improve the education and livelihood of the people of West Africa. The current efforts of Deeper Missions are on environmentally-friendly projects such as self-contained solar lighting (so children can study without using the typical and unhealthy open-flame lamps) and community-friendly fresh water well-digging and waterless solar composting toilets.
The Deeper Missions’ Social Media Manager will help develop and implement a Social Media Strategy in ways which will increase brand awareness, generate inbound traffic to the website and encourage program support/donor development. This role works with the Executive Director to create content that supports the organization’s mission, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
- Develop and implement the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across Deeper Missions to ensure its effectiveness and aligning the strategy with the organization’s programs;
- Work with the web designer to ensure social media tools are kept up to date;
- Manage social media campaigns and weekly activites. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc;
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed;
- With instruction from the Executive Director, become an advocate of Deeper Missions in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate;
- Manage a blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about Deeper Missions and its programs;
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results (e.g. social media “heat”, online community growth and positive donor responses);
- Regularly feed back insights gained from social media monitoring to the Executive Director, to help evolve strategies in a timely fashion;
- Monitor trends in social media.
The call is open to everyone, but the ideal candidate would:
- Experience with and a growing interest in project management and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in writing and photos
- Enjoy working solo as well as with distributed team members
- Understand SEO principles
- Be enthusiast
- Current studies or recent experience in public relations, marketing, community management, a plus
Understanding social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr, Pinterest, Google+, etc.) and how they can be employed to best effect; learning the blogging ecosystem relevant to the organization’s field.
If you are interested, just send an email to [email protected] Further instructions will be given.
For more information, please visit the official website.