Deadline: 21 January 2014
Open to: anyone willing to work as a volunteer with good knowledge of English and MS Office
Benefits: learn and develop a new skill, boost your career options, meet a diverse range of people and get new experiences
Open call for volunteering position at Youth Center Kreaktiv in Kavadarci, Republic of Macedonia. This youth center has been actively working for more than two years now. This organization helps young people strengthen their skills and directs them towards an active European-youth society. Within the organization of the center, there is a representative body of young members, through which, the youth actively engage in the activities and organization of the youth center, assisting in all activities, providing ideas and criticism, and Kreaktiv supports their free expression and debate.
The Youth Center Kreaktiv is looking for a person who would volunteer as Assistant Project Manager and would assist the daily activities at the center, in coordination and support by the coordinator body and team of Kreaktiv.
In their primary duties, the Volunteer Assistant will:
- Work 20-25 hours per week;
- Work with young people at the center;
- Work on preparing young people from Kavadarci for European Voluntary Service (EVS) projects abroad;
- Work closely with the EVS volunteers on implementing their activities;
- Assist the coordinator in daily tasks:
- Facilitate activities at the youth center and organize public event with support of the coordinator body of Kreaktiv;
- Revise and update website and Facebook;
- Additional duties as needed.
The working language is English and the start date is 3 February 2014. The length of this part time position will be one month (with a prospect for future engagement in projects run by the Youth Center Kreaktiv).
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Good organizational skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written);
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Creative, flexible and able to carry multitask work;
- Self-motivated; able to work in informal environment and with international team;
- Must be patient and kind to the every visitor of the center;
- Available to work in different shifts.
The position offers valuable job experience for those interested in a career in project management and youth work and work in non-profit organization. Volunteering brings together a diverse range of people from all backgrounds and walks of life. Both the recipients of your volunteer efforts and your co-workers can be a rich source of inspiration and an excellent way to develop your interpersonal skills.
The deadline for applications is 21st of January, 2014.
If you are interested, you must submit a cover letter and your CV with your qualifications by email to [email protected] with a subject line: Volunteer Position.
For more information please visit the official website.