Deadline: 8 February 2014
Open to: candidates with academic background in finance/economics and two years experience as financial manager
Remuneration: between €3,104 to €3,321 plus benefits
Friends of the Earth Europe (FoEE) campaigns for sustainable and just societies and for the protection of the environment. It unites more than 30 national organisations with thousands of local groups and is part of the world’s largest grassroots environmental network, Friends of the Earth International. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading green NGOs in Brussels and to be part of a vibrant network of national member organisations.
Under supervision of the Head of Operations, you will support the Organisation’s financial capacities in collaboration with the Campaigns, Programmes and Management. As a leader of a small, dedicated finance team, the Finance Manager makes a key contribution to FoEE’s efficient and effective financial management in the short and long terms.
By strengthening and developing the accounting, budgetary and financial systems, the Finance Manager ensures appropriate processes, and produces analyses for strategic decision-making.
This position will require an advanced balance of technical, managerial and personal capacities, completed by professional maturity and communication skills required for the role and its challenges. The post holder will be also directly involved in the operational level and will have daily responsibilities in financial and related matters.
- Advanced academic background in finance or economics;
- Proven coordination and planning skills;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Excellent negotiation and inter-personal communication skills;
- Advanced analytical capacities, combined with ability to translate complex financial data into clear and simple information for different audiences;
- Ability to develop systems, procedures & tools to ensure a quality financial management throughout the organisation;
- High attention to detail;
- A very good command of English, which is the working language for this position (other languages are an advantages, in particular French or Dutch);
- Experience as a financial manager within an organisation of relevant scale and complexity for at least 2 years;
- Familiarity with high degree of restricted funding and management of EC grants;
- Capacity to manage a small team in a dynamic and constructive way;
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional support to colleagues and other stakeholders;
- Committed to FoEE’s vision, mission and values;
- Able to work in the Brussels office on a daily basis.
Salary between EUR 3,104 to 3,321 depending on experience, plus benefits (13th month, lunch vouchers, pension scheme and hospitalization insurance). Conditions are according to Belgian legislation including the legal ability to live and work in Belgium. This is a full time position FoEE offers a highly motivating working environment in an international NGO and an office located in an environmentally friendly NGO building.
If you meet the criteria, and feel inspired by the objectives and challenges of the position, send a motivation letter with a CV and contact details for three references to [email protected] mentioning “finance manager” in the message subject. The application deadline is 8 February 2014, online tests will be held on 12-13 February 2014 and interviews are planned for 18-20 February 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please visit the official website.