Deadline: 31 March 2014
Open to: applicants holding Bachelor and/or Master of Science degree
Scholarship: a monthly stipend of NT$34,000 (ca. USD1,133)
The Taiwan International Graduate Program is a Ph.D. program, started in 2002, by Academia Sinica, the foremost research institution of Taiwan. In cooperation with top universities in Taiwan, Academia Sinica offers advanced, inter-disciplinary Ph.D. Programs, in nine fields that span the natural and physical sciences, as well as computational linguistics. TIGP students will learn in all-English teaching and research environments, and enjoy access to world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities at Academia Sinica and partner universities. All applicants who are admitted to TIGP will receive a fellowship from Academia Sinica. Stipend levels are about USD 11,000 per year, and will be awarded for the first three years.
TIGP offers twelve Ph.D. programs in 2014:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
- Bachelor and/or Master of Science degree
- English proficiency, as demonstrated per TOEFL, GEPT, IELTS
- GRE General test (requirements vary by program)
- GRE Subject test (requirements vary by program)
- Academic transcript for coursework completed beyond the high school level
- Three letters of reference
- Statement of purpose
In addition to the general TIGP application requirements outlined here, please be sure to review the program-specific requirements for your option, as described in the corresponding program.
Once admitted, each TIGP student will receive a monthly stipend of NT$34,000 (around USD1,133) for the first year. Additionally, the support will be extended to two more years for students who perform well academically. All stipends should be granted within 4 years. In subsequent years (from the 4th year), the financial support will depend on arrangements made with the thesis advisor.
TIGP now offers an online application option via TIGP online application portal.
Before logging into the system, please check that you have assembled all of the required information and materials; for your convenience, you may wish to refer to the TIGP application checklist in preparing to apply. At any point, if you have any questions about the application process, needed forms or other materials, please get in touch with the contact person for your program before the application deadline, March 31, 2014.
For more information, please contact TIGP Admission Office:
Ms. Stella Huang
Tel: +886-2-27899696 Fax: +886-2-2785-8944
E-mail: [email protected]
Visit the official website HERE.