Deadline: 10 February 2014
Open to: excellent English speakers with experience in administration and a commitment to defending the rights of asylum seekers
Remuneration: £8.55 per hour
Asylum Support Appeals Project (ASAP) are recruiting a paid Office Intern. ASAP is a small and dynamic organisation with a considerable reputation in the asylum sector. The staff members and pro bono Duty Scheme Advocates have many years of experience in the sector and they expect everyone to work to a very high professional standard in all areas of their work.
- To provide support to ASAP Duty Scheme to ensure high quality service provision and that the needs of our beneficiaries are met by the Duty Scheme;
- To provide administrative support to the Duty Scheme;
- To contribute to the enhancement of the Duty Scheme including reviewing and feedback procedures;
- To contribute to effective monitoring and reporting of the Duty Scheme;
- To help promote the organisation.
- Experience of administration and excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrable ability to carry out research and statistical analysis;
- IT literacy and experience of using databases, Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer;
- Experience of using social media e.g. Facebook, Twitter, WordPress;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Commitment to defending the rights of asylum seekers, in particular ending the destitution of asylum seekers;
- Ability to commit to the agreed hours and provide reliable support;
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a small team;
- Ability to manage own workload and respond appropriately to competing demands;
- Commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices.
The salary will be £8.55 per hour.
The working schedule is from 9 AM to 5 PM. The intern should work four or five days per week.
The deadline for applications is 9 am (London time) on Monday 10 February 2014 and interviews will be held on Thursday 13 February. Send your completed application form by email [email protected] or by post. They do not accept CVs.
For more information, please visit the official website.