Deadline: 14 February 2014
Open to: candidates with three to five years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Remuneration: commensurate with experience
The Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness team, residing inside the broader function of Human Resources, is responsible for bringing a performance management as well as a learning and development function. The team’s mission is to create a culture of learning, where the employees cherish both successes as well as mistakes, and they are empowered to fulfill their potential to make the field a better place. The team aims to do this by providing a performance management system that will allow the team to define what good looks like for the entire organization across every level of tenure, as well as, by providing a learning and development offering that will encompass: training, peer-to-peer learning, coaching, mentoring, experiential learning, and e-learning opportunities. The team implements talent management strategies and drives effectiveness throughout the organization. Strategies include: professional development initiatives, trainings on management, leadership and team development, change management, financial literacy, and succession planning.
Purpose of position:
The learning and development coordinator will report to the manager of Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness, a small, tightly-knit, collaborative and fast-paced team based in New York, London, and Budapest. The learning and development coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness team has the programmatic and administrative support and information it needs to efficiently deliver services and resources to staff of the Open Society Foundations. Work is carried out independently/under general supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university;
- Three to five years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience implementing Learning Management System is preferred;
- Fluent written and oral English required;
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment; to troubleshoot and follow projects through to completion, consistently on schedule, without loss of attention to detail and budget;
- Ability to take initiative when appropriate as well as work well in a team;
- Comfort with public speaking;
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences;
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues;
- High level of self-motivation and at ease working independently when necessary;
- Poise, ability to work well under pressure while attentive to detail;
- Flexibility and willingness to work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and projects and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with senior management, co-workers, and the general public;
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, and experience with internet research.
Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements by February 14, 2014, to: [email protected]. Include job code in the subject line: LD Coordinator.
More information is provided in the official call.