Deadline: 20 February 2014
Open to: young people from members of Council of Europe
Venue: 31 March – 8 April 2014, Rome, Italy
Youth for Exchange and Understanding is organizing a training course “YEU Developing YOU”. The activity “Transforming problems into solutions; developing social entrepreneurship skills for supporting young’s people autonomy and combating exclusion” consists of a 7 days training course which will take place in Italy, in April 2014. The training course will target unemployed young people from all over Europe and neighbouring countries and will enhance their skills regarding social entrepreneurship as a means to transit to labour market and solve social problems.
Observing the region of Europe, two major problems are encountered among young people: a high rate of educated but unemployed youth and on the other hand social exclusion, discrimination and lack of access to human rights threatens society and especially vulnerable groups. The proposed training course intends to combine these two problems and transform them into the solution; social entrepreneurship.
The main objectives are:
- To explore current situation regarding unemployment and social exclusion and the link between them;
- To work with the social entrepreneurship principles;
- To create the strategic plan of their social entrepreneurship initiative.
Priority will be given to those that most closely meet this criteria:
- Between 18 and 30 years old;
- Motivation to work as social entrepreneurs in the future;
- Active within their NGO and/or local society;
- Any previous experience with social inclusion and/or human rights and/or xenophobia;
- Priority will be given to unemployed youth;
- Gender balance will be taken into consideration;
- Geographical balance will be taken into consideration.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding will cover all costs related to accommodation, and 70% of travel costs (cheapest way) from the resident country. An enrolment fee of 50 € is payable by each participant in order to support the overall budget of the event, which will be deducted from the amount to be reimbursed for travel costs. 100% of the visa costs will be reimbursed. The participants are obliged to have receipts of the tickets, boarding passes and invoices of the credit card that was used for buying the tickets for online payments. All participants will be reimbursed after the event by bank transfer.
In order to apply, you just need to fill out the application form until February 20th 2014 23:59 CET.
If you have any questions, please, send an e mail to [email protected]
For more information visit the official website HERE.