Deadline: 1 April 2014 (date of receipt)
Open to: Students and young scientists with the nationality of the following countries: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine. Applicants have to be enrolled or employed at a university of these countries at the time of application and have basic knowledge of German (A2)
Costs: course fees, accommodation and a food allowance at a Bavarian University
The Bavarian Academic Center for Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe (BAYHOST) is a cooperative institution of all Bavarian universities, universities of applied sciences and art academies. They provide information about research cooperation, coordinate academic relations with Eastern Europe and support academic exchanges between students and scientists. They strive to promote and intensify cooperation in research and teaching with universities in Eastern Europe and to establish new contacts with potential partners.
Students and young scientists from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia (FYROM), Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine with basic German knowledge (at least A2-level) are eligible to apply for the summer school grants for German language in Bavaria. The list of the summer schools is available HERE. You have to select at least two courses. BAYHOST tries to adhere to your preferences, but cannot give any guarantee. Please note that places at all courses have restricted numbers. Courses in Bayreuth, Regensburg, Eichstaett and Passau are offered for all course levels. The course in Augsburg demands a minimum knowledge of B2.
Students and young scientists with the nationality of the following countries: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia and the Ukraine are eligible to apply. Applicants have to be enrolled or employed at a university of these countries at the time of application. Basic knowledge of German (at least A2) is required.
The scholarships include the course fee, accommodation and a food allowance at a Bavarian University. Travel costs, insurance and visa costs will not be reimbursed!
The following documents are required by 1 April 2013:
- an online application form that is filled-in completely (it is not needed to send a printed version of the online application form by post);
- letter of motivation concerning your participation in a German language course in Bavaria (1-2 DIN A4 pages, in German or English);
- a tabular CV with a recent passport photo;
- proof of previous exams (i.e. a copy of your study book or university transcript). A translation or authorisation of these documents is not necessary;
- proof that you are currently enrolled at a university in your home country (i.e. copy of current transcript or student ID);
- a photocopy of your passport or ID-card;
- proof of German proficiency of at least A2-level (any certificate/letter proving your German knowledge will be sufficient);
- optional: proof of internships or voluntary work (these documents are not obligatory, but it would be good to include them if you have such experiences).
Please do not send the originals of these documents, but copies only. You do not need to have them translated or certified legally.
Application deadline is 1 April 2014, meaning that all documents have to be at the BAYHOST office by then. Keep in mind possible obstacles such as strikes, bad weather conditions, holidays etc. This date is a cut-off period! Late applications cannot be considered and will be excluded from the selection process. The same applies to applications that are incomplete or do not comply with the set formalities.
Please send your documents to the following address:
BAYHOST, Stichwort: „Sommersprachkursbewerbung“
They will contact the selected candidates at latest by 1 July 2014. Unfortunately, they are unable to give reasons for refusal of the application.