Deadline: 31 March 3014
Open to: students or recent graduates with journalistic experience
Remuneration: paid internship
Reuters offers talented students and graduates with a strong interest in journalism an opportunity to learn at the world’s largest international multimedia news agency. Interns will work in a fast-paced newsroom with some of Reuter‘s most experienced journalists.
The paid internships are a crash course in hands-on business, political and general news reporting. Every intern will report to a senior editor and be assigned a journalist mentor to provide advice and guidance during the summer. They’re expected to write regularly and deliver in-depth stories during their assignment.
Interns will receive several days of formal training before they start work, focused on writing skills, journalism ethics and basic financial knowledge. They may also be able to take advantage of other, regularly scheduled training opportunities during the summer, depending on where they’re based.
Internships are available in:
- Asia – Singapore, SG
- Europe – London, GB
The six-week internships will start on 1 July 2014.
Interns who excel may be considered for other opportunities, including the Reuters Journalism Program or junior reporting roles. The intensive Journalism Program, which begins every September in New York, London and Singapore, offers nine months of training and leads into a staff job if required standards are met.
- You are a student or recent graduate who is passionate about news and a quick learner;
- You have a strong academic record in journalism, economics, business, law, accounting, languages or computer science;
- You have journalism experience;
- You are fluent in English and possess excellent writing and communication skills;
- You have good mathematics skills;
- You have the legal right to work in the country where you have chosen to apply;
- Advanced skills in other languages – particularly Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Mandarin, German – are an asset.
The Internships are paid.
Applications are accepted until 31 March 2014.
For more information visit the official website HERE.