Deadline: 15 May 2014
Open to: Eligible to apply are undergraduate, graduates, MA students, MA holders, PhD candidates.
Venue: 23 July – 8 August 2014, Konitsa, Greece
The Department of History and Archaeology at the University of Ioannina organises in collaboration with the “Border Crossings Network” and the Municipality of Konitsa, the 9th “International Summer School in Anthropology, Ethnography and Comparative Folklore of the Balkans” in the town of Konitsa from 23 July to 8 August 2014.
- “The politics, poetics and pragmatics of Serbian ethnology and anthropology”
- “Border Crossings: Islands, continents, nomads within, and barriers of gender, class and race
- “Doing fieldwork: Theory, method and the production of anthropological knowledge”
- “Ethnographic research in border areas”
- “Environmental history and cultural ecology”
- “Christian Orthodoxy in the Balkans: from the Ottoman domination to the collapse of Communism (15th -20th c.)”
- “The past in the present: Music and sounds in the Balkans”
Eligible to apply are undergraduate, graduates, MA students, MA holders, PhD candidates.
The admission fee amounts to 250 €. It should be paid in cash upon arrival and registration in Konitsa. Accommodation, meals and travel expenses (for attending cultural events) will be covered by the Summer School and the municipality of Konitsa. Any travel costs for coming to and leaving Konitsa must be paid by the participants themselves.
For more information visit the official website HERE.