Deadline: 30 March 2014
Open to: candidates aged 18-40 with serious accomplishment (not necessarily academic) in any field
Benefits: scholarship to attend the INK Conference in Kochi, India, and more
The INK (Innovation and Knowledge) Fellows Program is a young, global and cross-disciplinary community of path-breakers who the organizers believe will be the shapers of tomorrow. Every year, INK identifies the minds that are redefining their field of work, and the world around them. The Program aims to provide them the support necessary to leverage their impact.
The goals are:
- To create a community of like-minded peers on unconventional ‘career’ paths, from any field. The experience of being a change-maker is often isolating, as it can lack the financial security, clarity of direction and social network that come with traditional jobs. Being an INK Fellow provides the peer-support necessary to take brilliant work to the next level;
- To leverage their impact, through mentorship, support, networks and specially designed opportunities;
- To provide them a platform for discovery and exposure like no other, so that our change-makers gain access to potential customers, funding opportunities, accolades and other forms of support critical to their development and success.
The INK conference, in association with TED, is an annual conference that aims to fuel innovation and foster knowledge by bringing together the world’s most fascinating thinkers and doers on a global stage. The ideas that these speakers put forth are shared with the world, inspiring thought, conversation, and ultimately action. The INK conference, formerly TEDIndia, is TED’s partner conference in India. It will take place in Kochi from October 15th-19th, 2014.
- Must have the demonstrated the capacity to think differently, to listen with an open mind, and to keep learning;
- A vision for the world or their field of work;
- Serious accomplishment (not necessarily academic) at a young age, in any field;
- The desire and ability to enrich the INK Community through active participation;
- Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 40;
- INK prefers Fellows to be based in young economies, but great candidates from any location will be considered seriously and competitively;
- Candidates must be present for the entire duration of the INK2014 Conference, and arrive in Kochi two days earlier;
- Candidates should be changemakers specializing in any field, for example (but not limited to) art, dance, architecture, business, fashion, journalism, medicine, music, technology, science, sports and social activism;
- A candidate’s actions must speak louder than their words. Humility is important, and self-promoters will not be accepted.
At the INK Conference:
- A scholarship to attend the INK Conference during the Fellowship year;
- The opportunity to network with speakers and attendees;
- The potential to speak on the INK stage;
- The potential to have their talk posted on www.inktalks.com and reach thousands of viewers;
- Participation in the Fellows Pre-Conference, including in-depth coaching in effective public communication.
Beyond the INK Conference:
- Exclusive INK Fellows retreats and other specialised programs that are refreshed every year;
- Opportunities for customised assistance and additional speaking opportunities at INK Salons and other events;
- INK social media exposure on an on-going basis.
The application period closes at 11:59 PM IST on 30 March 2014.
Candidates’ nomination can be done online by clicking here.
For further information, please visit the official website.