Deadline: 31 May 2014
Open to: non-Chinese citizens
Scholarship: exempt from tuition fee, free accommodation on campus, living allowance, medical insurance and other benefits
Chancellor’s Scholarship Program is established by the University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB). The enrollment is directly managed by the international office of USTB. The international office is responsible for the enrollment and the routine management.
Categories of applicants and scholarship duration:
Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years;
Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years.
In principle, the courses will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language course and pass the examinations prior to the major study if their Chinese language level is not qualified. If students take one-year Chinese language course, the duration of the scholarship will be extended for one year. Some courses can be taught in English.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health;
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Exempt from tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials, free accommodation on campus;
- Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
The applicants shall apply to the USTB undertaking this program within the set period. The application period is from March 1 to May 31, 2014.
Register your details online HERE. Fill in the application form and submit. The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely:
- Application Form for Chancellor’s Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English);
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy);
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy);
- Study or research plan: in Chinese or in English, no less than 800 words;
- Recommendation letters: Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors (the students who want to study Chinese and Bachelor degree can provide the letters from their teacher);
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works. Applicants for fine arts must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works);
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Applicants are required to submit their application documents to the USTB. Two copies of application material are required , one original and one duplicate.
Address: The 107 office, International Office, University Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing 100083 China
More information on available Master’s and Doctoral programs and admission to these programs see HERE.
For more information on the scholarshipvisit the official website.