Open to: video journalists with at least 2 years experience
Remuneration: not specified
Al Jazeera are looking to hire many Video Journalists on contract in multiple cities, across the Americas, Africa, the whole Asia, the Middle East, Eastern and Western Europe and Australasia. This is not a full-time position.
The Video Journalist will be responsible for shooting, editing and producing single short stand alone video clips uncovering trends and news events in the locale.
- Editing a variety of news items;
- Liaising and planning coverage with a Regional Editor in a nearby city;
- Shooting and editing video content;
- Ensuring all items make their allocated deadlines;
- Find creative ways to tell compelling stories;
- Possess the ability to work independently. An AJ+ Video Journalist should be able to make sound judgments about shot and audio selection. They should also be trusted to complete their work without constant guidance from producers or editors;
- You must have a sound knowledge of camera work and editing skills;
- You will be responsible for working calmly and effectively in extremely stressful time critical situations;
- Willingness to work long hours when required.
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years experience working as a Video Journalist in your city/region;
- Fast, adaptable editing and filming skills;
- Effective communication skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Excellent sense of pace and timing;
- Ability to visualize the written word and express it in pictures and sound;
- Skill to edit creative or meaningful sequences from available footage;
- Having an eye for detail;
- Having a high level of computer literacy;
- Fluent English language skills as well as fluent in a second language relevant to the region.
Apply online HERE.
Check the official call HERE.