Deadline: 30 April, 2014
Open to: candidates from India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Pakistan and Afghanistan
Scholarship: Scholarships will cover tuition fees; travel costs to Bhutan and back; monthly stipend and other costs
The UNESCO Madanjeet Centre for South Asia Forestry Studies (UMCSAFS) at Ugyen Wangchuck Institute for Conservation and Environment (UWICE), Bumthang, Bhutan is pleased to announce the Madanjeet Singh scholarship for three years Sustainable Development degree program to be undertaken at College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan in Lobesa, Punakha, Bhutan from July 2014 to July 2017.
The selected candidate (after completing sustainable degree program in CNR) will also need to undergo one-year independent forestry/conservation/environment research related program in UWICE (August 2017- July 2018). One candidate each from eight SAARC countries (India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Pakistan and Afghanistan) will be selected for the scholarship.
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees;
- Economy air travel from the scholar’s place of residence within SAARC to Bhutan and back;
- Monthly stipend of Nu. 12,000.00 based on existing SAARC scholarship rate to cover logistics and personal expenses;
- Nominal book allowance and printings (Nu. 5000.00 per year);
- In-country travel as per Royal Government of Bhutan’s rate (Nu. 150.00 per day while on travel).
- Candidates must be class XII pass with minimum of 55% in English (contact the program director for details);
- They should be fluent in English (both in written and speaking);
- They should produce English Language Proficiency Certificate from recognized/competent institutions;
- They should be below 35 years of age and need to submit the birth certificate along with other relevant documents;
- Interested applicants should come from India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
All candidates applying for UMCSAFS scholarship program should submit the following documents to the SAF office of the respective SAARC country.
1. Class XII Certificate;
2. Class XII Transcript/Marksheet;
3. English Language Proficiency Certificate;
4. A copy of Citizenship ID card and valid passport;
5. Security clearance certificate from respective countries;
6. Medical fitness certificate from competent government hospital of respective countries;
7. Birth Certificate;
8. Contact e-mail and phone numbers.
A copy of documents for the selected candidates should be sent to the office of SAF Bhutan for final assessment and acceptance into the program. All the accepted candidates should produce original documents at the time of admission at College of Natural Resources, Lobesa, Bhutan.
All the required documents of the selected candidates should reach the office of Program Director, Madanjeet Singh Center for South Asia Forestry Studies, UWICE, Lamai Goempa: Bumthang latest by 30 April 2014. The documents sent via e-mail shall also be accepted. The documents should be sent to [email protected]