Deadline: 9 April 2014
Open to: young people who are actively working/volunteering in organizations on Roma issues
Venue: 8-15 June 2014, Strasbourg
Study session on Gender equality and Roma women’s empowerment is a six-day activity in the field of Gender Equality and Roma women’s Empowerment organized by The Forum of European Roma Young People (FERYP) in cooperation with the Youth Department of the Council of Europe that will take place in Strasbourg, 8-15 June 2014. The aim of the study session is to enhance the capacities and to empower the young Roma women, promoting equality and their equal participation in Roma communities and organizations.
- Roma and non-Roma young people who are actively working/volunteering in organizations on Roma issues;
- Young gender activists (both female and male), working or interested to work on the problems of young Roma women across Europe;
- Motivated and willing to initiate follow-up activities in their home/local communities and organizations;
- Aged between 18 and 30 years old;
- Able to attend the session for its full duration;
- Able to work in one of the working languages of the session;
- Young men are also strongly encouraged to apply
For this activity the participation fee is 50 Euro. The amount will be deducted from the travel reimbursement of the participants. The accommodation for the activity is provided at the European Youth Centre Strasbourg and is covered by the organizers of the session. The reimbursements of travel expenses (based on economical prices, Apex, student price, special price) and visa, will take on the spot during the week in Euro or by bank transfer after the activity. Participants should bring with them original invoices to prove the costs of travel (ticket and visa) as well the tickets. To be reimbursed participants should take part at least 80% in the activity.
Read the official call HERE.