Open to: applicants with past involvement and experience in Roma education issues
Remuneration: paid internships
Internship positions are an important component of the Rome Education Fund activities as it allows young educated Roma to get acquainted with the organization and issues related to education of the Roma people in Central, Eastern, and South-Eastern Europe. It also helps the REF to establish a network of young and dynamic people that following their internship program at REF will support in various ways the objectives and mission of the Fund and Roma inclusion in conventional educational systems.
The REF can host up to five (5) paid intern positions at a time throughout the year. Each position lasts for three months period, part-time or full time. The foundation seeks to host one person per program /department at a time in the Headquarters office in Budapest. Candidates should specify their interests regarding internship in one of the following REF Budapest’s programs /departments:
- Tertiary Scholarship Program;
- Project Support Program
- Admin and Finances.
The branch offices of the Roma Education Fund situated in Montenegro, Serbia, Slovakia, and the office in Romania welcome applications for summer internship as well. REF Budapest will act as collecting point for candidacies in these offices, at the same email address indicated below.
- past involvement and experience in Roma education issues (studies, volunteer work, professional work), as well as in other Roma-related spheres of life;
- strong interest demonstrated in supporting advancement and inclusion of Roma;
- capacity to communicate well in English;
- good command in operating the computer, in particular the Microsoft Office package (Office, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as the internet browsing software (IE, Firefox, Chrome).
Interested candidates should submit their application package to [email protected]. The application package should contain a CV (Europass format) and a motivation letter indicating the reasons for applying for an internship at REF. Further, the candidates will submit a completed information sheet on financial coverage, and their preferred time availability. Candidacies are accepted from now on until further notice.
For more information visit the official website HERE.