Deadline: 10 April, 2014
Open to: those active in the fields of arts, culture, politics, media, social entrepreneurship, youth; and coming from Albania, Algeria, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestine, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey
Venue: Thessaloniki, Greece from 5th to 11th of June, 2014
How can we reorganize our social order?; express our demands artistically? and generate more participation? These are some of the questions that Cultural Innovators Network (CIN) aims to answer. The Cultural Innovators Network is a transnational Euro-Mediterranean network initiated by the Goethe-Institut in 2012. It aims to promote cultural experimentation and innovation across borders, and sees creativity as a fundamental component of change.
The network is unique in bringing together cultural innovators from overlapping domains and sectors – including media, performing arts, visual arts, literature, design, social enterprise, active citizenship and peace work – and facilitating their creative collaboration and mutual learning. Each coming from the cutting-edge of their fields and highly engaged in their respective geographical contexts, the members of the network are cross-pollinators and hybridizers, interested in both invention and intervention.
CIN is now opening up membership of the Network for the first time since its creation, and would like to invite you to apply. Those selected will have the opportunity to attend the third Cultural Innovators Network Forum in Thessaloniki in June 2014, where new projects and programs of the Network will be developed, capacity building sessions will be held, and new collaborations will be born.
CIN is looking for new cultural innovators in order to share visions for tomorrow’s societies and work together on developing new actions
Cultural Innovators will:
- Become part of a network with cultural innovators from 29 countries working in a wide range of areas from arts to social entrepreneurship.
- Have a chance to develop collaboration projects and join the existing CIN projects. Information about existing projects can be acquired HERE
- Attend the 3rd Cultural Innovators Network Forum in Thessaloniki, Greece (Costs will be covered by Goethe-Institut including accommodation, boarding, visa, travel insurance and travel. All other personal expenses will be covered by the participant)
You are eligible if you are:
- Active in the realms of arts, culture, media, politics, social entrepreneurship, youth
- Motivated to be a multiplier for the CIN and support its further development
- Between 20-35 years old
- A citizen or resident of one of the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestine, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey
- You have a good command of English
How to Apply?
Application process can be obtained online. Please find the application form attached at the official webpage here.
Please send your application form along with a CV with photo by the 10th of April at 23:59 p.m. GMT to the following email: [email protected]