Deadline: 30 May 2014
Open to: NGOs, regional organizations, ministries, public agencies, universities, research centers and individuals
Grants: over $500,000 allocated in four categories
AGFUND International Prize for Pioneering Human Development Projects was established in 1999 by the Arab Gulf Programme for Development (AGFUND), with the aim of inciting and encouraging innovation and creativity in the areas of human development. The prize objectives are:
- Support the distinguished efforts aiming at promoting the concepts of human development.
- Highlight the best practices in development, which aim to improve the living conditions of the poor and the disadvantaged with particular emphasis on women and children.
- Enhance the exchange dissemination of the successful development experiences.
- Develop better mechanisms to solve the problems of poverty and marginalization of vulnerable groups.
The idea of the Prize was stemmed from AGFUND’s approach to enhance development performance and support key development projects in order to achieve the goal of sustainability and investment in people.
It is also an innovative approach and a strategic instrument to exchange successful experiences to strengthen the mechanisms of development cooperation and project funding with special emphasis on the most prominent factors that militate against development and affect the vulnerable groups, particularly women and children in developing countries. These include poverty, social exclusion, socio-economic marginalization, education and health. In this sense, AGFUND Prize is considered to be the first initiative of its kind to identify successful development projects, reward them and disseminate their innovative ideas to best contribute to the improvement of development work.
- First Category: $200,000. Projects that are funded, designed and implemented by UN agencies or international and regional NGOs.
- Second Category: $150,000. Projects that are funded, designed and implemented by national NGOs.
- Third Category: $100,000. Projects that are funded, designed and implemented by government ministries and public agencies.
- Fourth Category: $50,000. Projects that are funded, designed and implemented by individuals.
Each of the following is considered qualified to be nominated for the Prize:
- UN development organizations, international or regional NGOs.
- National non-governmental organizations.
- Governmental agencies and Public institutions.
- Individuals who have contributed to the initiation, funding and/or implementation of a pioneering human development Project.
Nomination for the Prize can be made by UN organizations, regional, international and national NGOs active in the fields of sustainable human development and by public institutions, universities, governments agencies, research centers and syndicates.
The documents required from the implementing agency in support of the nomination: Please send the following together with the Nomination Form, bearing in mind that the documents submitted shall be more qualitative than quantitative:
- Feasibility Study.
- Project document in full with annexes if any (including budget, work plan, implementation and input, output, etc…).
- Project final completion report.
- Any documents that highlight the activities of the project (photograph, video tapes, printed materials, CD).
- Two letters of recommendation from two different entities not related to the implementing entity and acceptable to AGFUND.
- Any amendments made to the project document during implementation.
- Monitoring and evaluation reports including impact evaluation.
- Interim financial and physical reports prepared by the project implementation team.
- Annual reports covering both financial and physical aspects and highlighting the constrains faced.
All documents in support of a nominated project shall be sent by mail or e-mail to the Department of Communications – AGFUND on the following addresses:
Mail address: P. O. Box 18371, Riyadh11415, Saudi Arabia
Courier address; Prince Sattam Street. Fakhiriya, Riyadh11415, Saudi Arabia
Phone: +966-1- 441-8888 ext. (251)
Fax: + 966 -1 – 441-2962/63
E-mail: [email protected]
For further information, please visit the official website.