Deadline: 20 April 2014
Open to: young professionals or university students from the Danube region or Western Balkans
Venue: 4-8 June 2014 in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Europe is facing some challenges in various spheres, from the economy and unemployment to growing nationalism in many European countries, skepticism towards politics and enlargement fatigue, to name but a few. Currently, the young often lack the capacities, skills and opportunities needed to create joint actions and achieve stronger impact. Similarly, they lack opportunities for content oriented and substantial interaction with decision makers. As the next generation, European youth should be involved when these questions are brought up.
These factors seem to hinder the young generation from taking an active stand in developing and discussing our common future. The European Youth Summit “100 for the Next 100 in the Danube Region” will take place in Sarajevo (Bosnia & Herzegovina) from June 4 to 8, 2014, and will bring together 100 young leaders with various educational and professional backgrounds from the Danube Region and the Balkans. The summit will provide them with an opportunity to discuss the different facets of the challenges Europe is facing among themselves but also with current decision makers from politics and civil society.
Participants must be:
- Citizens of the Western Balkans region or of one of the 14 countries participating in the EU Strategy for the Danube region (Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine).
- University students (3rd and 4th year of studies, Master, PhD) or young professionals up to the age of 35.
- have participated in extracurricular activities (debate clubs, workshops, conferences).
- Voluntary work in an NGO or charity is considered an asset.
- Proficient in English (as it will be the only language used during the summit).
There is no fee. Participation and accommodation costs will be covered by the organizers. Participants and speakers will be accommodated in the Hotel Europe (Vladislava Skarića 5, 71000 Sarajevo) and Hotel Astra Garni (Kundurdžiluk 2, 71000 Sarajevo).
The deadline for submitting applications is April 20, 2014.
For all questions questions NOT regarding the application procedures, please contact: Milana Sredojević ([email protected]) and Julijana Lazić ([email protected]). For questions about the procedure, contact [email protected]
For further information, please visit the official website.