Deadline: 24 April 2014
Open to: candidates having an expertise in youth participation processes in policy making processes, as well as knowledge of policy and situation regarding Roma youth
Remuneration: 10 working days, daily fee of 260 Euro
Roma Youth Participation: Practices and Approaches is a research and support project within the framework of the Roma Youth Action Plan. The rationale for this project is rooted in the need to both analyse and understand, and, on the other hand, to define approaches for Roma youth participation, understood in the broader picture of youth participation in policy related processes.
The project aims to support Roma youth participation at different levels, by gathering qualitative data about approaches and practices of Roma youth participation and supporting pilot initiatives where Roma youth participation is key to long-term change.
The project team members will be requested to:
- Attend 2 project team meetings in 2014, one in June and one in November 2014 (dates t.b.c.);
- Develop the project framework and methodology;
- Run field visits to Roma youth participation initiatives, interviews, coach some of the initiatives, collect and collate data about the initiatives;
- Draft and finalise analytical reports and elaborate them, together with their interpretation, in a publication about realities of Roma youth participation;
- Extract from the visits and analysis guidelines, lessons learnt and principles for Roma youth participation, and include them in the publication;
- Provide regular reports on the project.
- Excellent expertise in youth participation processes in policy making processes (expertise and experience in Roma youth paticipation processes is an added value);
- Excellent knowledge of the situation of Roma young people in Europe;
- Excellent knowledge of the policy landscape related to the situation of Roma people in Europe and the different policy frameworks;
- Excellent expertise in youth research;
- Expertise in youth training and capacity-building for youth organisations;
- Knowledge of the Roma Youth Action Plan and the youth sector of the Council of Europe’s approaches;
- Excellent skills in English (knowledge of other languages is an added value).
The selected candidates will be offered a contract within the range of 10 working days, calculated on the basis of a daily fee of 260 Euro. The final amount will be defined after the first project team meeting.
Interested candidate must express their interest by sending the Form for Expression of Interest (scroll down) and a recent CV to [email protected] . Candidates must send also an example of recent work they wrote.
Deadline for expression of interest is 24 April 2014.
Read the official call HERE.