Deadline: 14 May/1 October 2014
Open to: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, Russia and Turkey
Grant: about 23,000 USD
The Robert Bosch Stiftung and the Black Sea Trust for Regional Cooperation of the German Marshall Fund (BST) are continuing their joint funding initiative to support confidence building activities of non-state actors in the South Caucasus and its neighboring countries. The partners are convinced that civil society can make a valuable contribution to the process of confidence building, mutual understanding and reconciliation between populations in territories presently of recently involved in conflicts. This initiative is designed to encourage grantees to investigate new ways, methods and approaches for fostering mutual understanding.
Projects working in the following areas would be especially appreciated:
- cross-border initiatives for youth;
- approaches to civic education or active citizenship;
- approaches to reconciliation and peace that incorporate experiences from history and convey them to the younger generation;
- the role of media in overcoming stereotypes.
The projects should be initiated by civil society organizations which can effectively engage target audiences within the population of the region in their projects’ activities. Organizations requesting grants must be legally registered in one of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, Russia and Turkey. The involvement of additional partners (especially those from the EU) is possible and welcome.
The average grant will be around 23,000 USD (about 18,000 EUR). Multilateral projects may exceed that amount in exceptional cases.
- 14 May 2014, 18:00 in Bucharest, Romania (UTC+3:00) – The projects must be completed by May 2015 and reported to BST within one month of the project’s completion. The maximum duration of the project should not exceed 11 months.
- 1 October 2014 at 18:00 in Bucharest, Romania (UTC+3:00) – The projects must be completed by May 2015 and reported to BST within one month of the project’s completion. The maximum duration of the project should not exceed 6 months.
For more information visit the official website HERE.