Deadline: 19 May 2014
Open to: International students (non-Turkish) who have graduated or are likely to graduate from a secondary education institution and are under 21 years old
Scholarship: includes a monthly stipend (app. 250 USD for undergraduate); full tuition fee; Turkish language course; accommodation; round-trip air ticket and health insurance
For the 2014 academic year, the Turkish government is inviting applications for undergraduate scholarships available for international students (non-Turkish).
The following undergraduate scholarships are awarded: Regional, Ibn-i Sina Medical Sciences, Yunus Emre Turkish Language and Islamic Theology Scholarship Programme. These scholarships are awarded for one year for Turkish language course and up to the whole duration for undergraduate program
The Türkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and programme among their preferences specified in the online application form. Applicants will be placed in a university and a program regarding their preferences as specified in their respective online application forms.
Most programs in the Turkish universities are conducted in Turkish. However, some departments and universities offer Programmes in English, French or German. The candidates who want to study in these languages will need to have an internationally recognized certificate to prove their language proficiency. Furthermore, most of these foreign language programs may ask for international admission test scores such as GRE, GMAT etc. Candidates are advised to check out language of instruction while selecting the programs
To be eligible to apply, you should:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (Anyone holding or have ever gotten Turkish citizenship before cannot apply);
- Not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying;
- Have graduated or are likely to graduate from a secondary education institution;
- Be under the age of 21 (no earlier than 01.01.1993);
- Have at least specified (% 90 for medical sciences, % 70 for other undergraduate programs) cumulative grade point average, diploma grade, national exam or international exam score;
- Be in good health.
The Scholarship Covers:
- Monthly stipend (app. 250 USD for undergraduate);
- Full tuition fee;
- Free 1-year Turkish language course;
- Free state-run dormitory accommodation;
- Round-trip air ticket;
- Health insurance.
The application process can be obtained online HERE. You should create an account by entering an e-mail and password. All along please consider and go through the registration guide (visible on the right side of the webpage). Once you have created your account, log in into the system and fill out the application form.
Within your on-line application form, you should upload also:
- a copy of a secondary school diploma (or document indicating that the candidate is secondary school senior student);
- a certified secondary school transcript (indicating courses taken and relevant grades of the candidate);
- a copy of a valid ID card (passport, national ID, birth certificate etc.); passport photo.
For more information please visit the official website HERE.