Deadline: 4 May 2014
Open to: students from any country other than Turkey aged 18-27
Venue: 17 July – 29 August 2014 in different towns of Turkey
Turkish Prime Ministry Presidency For Turks Abroad and Related Communities organizes Turkish Summer School in cooperation with Yunus Emre Institute for foreign students who wish to improve their Turkish language proficiency. The participants will find the opportunity to study Turkish language, to recognize the Turkish culture and to visit prominent historical heritage of the city where they attend the summer school. Turkish Summer Course will be held at Turkish teaching centers located in various cities: Aydin, Bolu, Eskişehir, Gaziantep, Kayseri, Konya, Sakarya, Bursa, Denizli, Edirne, Samsun and Trabzon.
Students will attend Turkish courses till noon, and then they will have the opportunity to enjoy trips and learn about Turkish culture by participating in activities such as wedding ceremonies or summer festivals. This summer school will end with a special program in Istanbul. Participants in different cities of Turkey will gather in Istanbul where they will find an opportunity to discover the city for four days. The participants will visit historic city surroundings as well as Topkapi Palace, Dolmabahçe Palace, Hagia Sophia Mosque and the Blue Mosque.
- Being a citizen of any country other than Turkey. The candidates who have citizenship of the Republic of Turkey and also those who lost Turkish citizenship for any reason cannot apply.
- Being between the age 18 and 27.
- Being a student at Yunus Emre Turkish Culture Centers or being a student in a university outside Turkey.
- For university students having at least 70% weighted grade point average and a proof of Turkish language skills.
- For Yunus Emre Turkish Culture Center students having at least A1 Level Turkish Certificate.
Those who received Turkish Summer School in the previous years or who has completed any level of their education in Turkey cannot apply the Summer School.
International and domestic round-trip transportation expenses belongs to the participants. They will also have to pay for their own lunch. The program offers:
- Breakfast and dinner
- 500 TL pocket money
- Health insurance
- Free social and cultural activities
The last day for receiving applications is 4 May 2014.
Required documents for applying online:
- Application form properly filled out.
- Student certificate taken from the university or Turkish Certificate taken from Yunus Emre Turkish Culture Centers.
- Copy of a valid identification document.
- One photo.
- Transcript for university students.
For further information, please visit the official website.