Deadline: 7 May 2014
Open to: journalists with strong understanding of European and global security issues
Remuneration: not specified
Debating Europe is an online platform for discussion designed to engage citizens and policymakers in an ongoing conversation on a range of vital issues shaping our future. They are currently looking for a new addition to their editorial team, to start as soon as possible. The position is based in their office in Brussels.
- Write articles on European and global security issues explaining complex topics to a general audience clearly and with humour;
- Conduct in-person or Skype interviews in English and occasionally in French;
- Lead the editorial process selecting relevant topics and contents, and managing the editorial schedule.
The candidates are required:
- Strong understanding of global security issues, particularly those affecting NATO and Europe (e.g. North Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe);
- Able to write in a fun and informal style;
- Able to write high-quality content on a regular basis;
- Able to work to tight schedules and respect deadlines;
- Native-level spoken and written English.
Skills that are desirable, but not necessary:
- Familiar with WordPress CMS;
- Spoken and written French.
Application deadline is 7 May 2014. If you are interested please send your CV and some examples of your work to email@example.com with “Journalist: Application” as the subject.
For more information visit the official website HERE.