Deadline: 15 September 2014
Open to: PhD holders in a field of science and/or technology from a developing country other than Iran
Fellowship: covers accommodation, medical care, research expenses and a monthly allowance for food, local transport, pocket money and other personal needs
TWAS and Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology are inviting applications for the TWAS-IROST postdoctoral fellowship programme. Fellowships are available for young scientists from developing countries (other than Iran) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural sciences at the Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST) in Iran.
Fellowships are awarded in the field of natural sciences (Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences and Physics) at the Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology.
The language of instruction is English.
The applicant must:
- be permanent resident in a developing country (other than Iran);
- not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Iran or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of science and/or technology completed less than 5 years ago;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to their home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment there;
- be accepted at an IROST department participating in the scheme and provide an official acceptance letter from the head of the department;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English.
IROST will provide a monthly allowance in Iranian Rial for the duration of the fellowship to cover food, local transport, pocket money and other personal needs. The monthly allowance will not be convertible into foreign currency. IROST will also cover accommodation, daily medical care and research expenses.
The call for applications is open until 15 September 2014.
Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from an IROST department to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, signed and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS. The subject line must contain IROST/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. The letters can be submitted either by the referee or by the applicant directly. Alternatively, letters should be sent in sealed envelopes by post. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
Applicants to the TWAS-IROST Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS. Contact details:
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 314
Fax: +39 040 2240 689
E-mail: [email protected]
For further information, please visit the official website.