Open to: people interested to gain work experience
Benefits: travel expenses and a daily allowance
PEN International offers a year-round volunteer scheme across all areas of their work, providing interesting and exciting placements to those looking for a career in an NGO, charity, human rights or arts organisation.
Volunteers have helped ensure the success of such projects as the Writers in Prison Committee’s 50th anniversary celebrations in 2010; the coordination and promotion of the Free the Word! festival in London annually since 2008; administrative support for our international Congresses (in Tokyo in 2010 and Belgrade in 2011) and for regional programmes; coordination of meetings in Lahore and Tokyo with writers from Centres in the Asia Pacific region; and much more.
Besides, they are looking also for a translation volunteers, particularly looking for people who can translate English to French, Arabic, Spanish and Russian.
- experience working for a leading international human rights NGO;
- research and campaigning skills in the area of freedom of expression;
- experience of project and event management;
- development of written, editorial and proofreading skills;
- development of skills in the field of communications, including event marketing and PR and web content management;
- and much more.
Travel expenses and a daily allowance will be provided.
People interested in gaining experience ready to commit to a minimum of three months for at least two days a week. (Some placements have extended to six months and beyond.)
Volunteer opportunities are announced alongside with paid positions HERE, although they welcome expressions of interest in volunteering at any time.
For more information visit the official website HERE.