Deadline: 1 July 2014
Open to: candidates with leadership skills, with strong commitment to international understanding and peace
Fellowship: tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation and internship/field study expenses
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is the premier academic scholarship of The Rotary Foundation and supports Rotary’s mission to empower, educate, and increase the capacity of peace builders through rigorous academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities. Two types of fellowships are offered: a master’s degree program and professional development certificate program.
The fellowship is intended for individuals who have chosen career related to international relations, peace, and conflict resolution; who have work experience in these areas; and who have a commitment to community or international humanitarian service and working for peace. Applicants should consider these objectives carefully before applying. Through this experience, Rotary Peace Fellows build the skills needed to act as leaders and catalysts for peace and conflict resolution both in their communities and around the globe.
All candidates must possess:
- A strong commitment to international understanding and peace demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal and community service activities;
- Excellent leadership skills.
For certificate program:
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience with full-time employment in a mid-level to upper-level position;
- Proficiency in English;
- Strong academic background.
For master’s degree program:
- Minimum three years of combined paid or unpaid full-time relevant work experience;
- Proficiency in English and recommended second language proficiency;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
These fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship/field study expenses.
The 2015 application deadline is 1 July 2014.
Interested candidates can start the online application process, where they will find information about working with their sponsor Rotary district and the supplementary materials that they will need to complete the application.
For further information, please visit the official website.