Deadline: 28 May 2014 (24 May for those needing flight tickets)
Open to: young Roma women from Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Venue: 24-30 June 2014, Primorsko, Bulgaria
Roma Young Women: Overcoming Injustices and Exclusion, Training For Trainers Transformation Programme invites Roma young women to apply for the training that will take place between 24-30 June 2014 in Primorsko, Bulgaria.
The main aim of 2014 international and local projects programme is to work towards social justice with and for Roma young women and to overcome exclusion of young Roma women in their communities and societies.
The main goals of the project are:
- To develop the capacity in social justice and inclusion issues of key young women leaders and multipliers from the Roma community;
- To motivate and empower participants to design and implement social justice national and local projects;
- To raise the awareness of young Roma women about their social right to improve their access to education (formal and non-formal), employment and health and social services;
- To train young Roma women in peer education methodologies and programmes;
- To involve young Roma women with limited opportunities in international capacity building, inclusion, community development, organisational management and social justice programmes;
- To increase the effectiveness of Roma young women to interact and actively promote social justice and inclusive policies, programs, plans and projects.
Young Roma women who:
- are between 18 – 32 years old;
- are already involved in local or national Roma young people projects, activities or programmes;
- have regular access to Internet;
- are willing to engage in a two-month online training preceding the seminar they have been selected for;
- are interested in experience exchange and meeting new possible partners for her Church / Faith Community, NGO or Network of which she is part of;
- are willing to develop a minimum of one peer project (local or nationally) related to young women’s social justice and human rights issues, social inclusion, community development or NGO organizational management;
- can commit themselves to a two-year engagement with the Roma Young Women’s Network;
- have an intermediate knowledge of English.
Eligible countries are: Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine.
This programme is supported by the fundraising efforts of the organizers. The Participation Fee for participants is 20 Euros. The Fee is mandatory unless there are special circumstances. There are a limited number of travel scholarships available, which need to be requested, at the same time as sending in the application form.
Application deadline is 28 May 2014 (24 May for those needing flight tickets) Applicants need to send their application together with CV and two recommendation letters – one from their organisation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information read the official call HERE.