Deadline: 25 July 2014 (until 5 pm)
Open to: students enrolled in the first year of a second cycle degree program or in the fourth year of a single cycle degree program at University of Bologna
Scholarship: tuition fee waiver, free accommodation, partial grant for living costs, interdisciplinary education
The Collegio Superiore was established in 1998 as a School of Excellence of the University of Bologna. The Collegio offers advanced and interdisciplinary education selecting particularly motivated students of any program of the University of Bologna. The admission to the Collegio is based on merit and equal opportunities. Once admitted students are required to maintain a high level of performance both in University courses and extracurricula activities. The Collegio requires that selected students be involved in all the activities of the Collegio Superiore, and be highly proficient in both the University courses as well as in the Collegio Superiore extracurricular seminars. Students can choose between two main disciplinary areas:
- Humanities and Economics (Schools of: Economy Management and Statistics, Law, Arts Humanities and Cultural Heritage, Foreign languages and Literatures, Interpreting and Translation, Psychology and Education, Political Studies);
- Science and Technology (Schools of: Agriculture and Veterinary, Pharmacy, Biotechnology and Sport Science, Engineering and Architecture, Medicine, Sciences).
The candidates applying for the programme:
- Must have an Italian or foreign valid title of access, and enroll for the 2014/15 academic year in the first year of a Second Cycle Degree of the Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna. To be eligible, the candidate must not have been enrolled in other second cycle degree program before or possess any other equivalent academic degree;
- If enrolled in a Single Cycle Degree, in the year 2014/15, the candidate will enter the fourth academic year of the same university course at the University of Bologna and will not hold other previous.
Candidates must be aware that an admission to some university courses require to pass specific admission tests to be enrolled. The necessary information and documentation is available at the respective offices of each School.
In addition, the admission to the Collegio Superiore is exclusively on the base of merit and the Collegio Superiore requires that the student:
- Performs at high level in university courses (average grade of 28/30 and no grade below 24/30, all the exams within the academic year of reference);
- Performs at high level in the Collegio special programs;
- Involves herself/himself in the activities of Collegio Superiore.
Every students of Collegio Superiore receives a grant encompassing:
- A financial contribution to partially cover the cost of meals and studies;
- An university fee waiver (except stamp duty and insurance costs);
- A contribution for international mobility;
- A University Professor as Tutor;
- Free use of the facilities and spaces of the residence where the Collegio students live;
- For students not residing in Bologna (or on motivated request) free lodging at a residence is provided;
- Excellence and interdisciplinary special education.
Through an online portal, interested candidates will have to submit the following documents:
- For candidates with a degree: the degree certificate containing the marks obtained in each course taken during the First Cycle program and the average mark. For undergraduate candidates and students enrolled in a Single Cycle Degree program: certificate of the university registration in which the marks obtained in each course are listed, the average mark and the number of University learning credits (ECTF) achieved;
- Curriculum vitae, formatted as described in the instruction section of the online application form;
- The institutional e-mail addresses of two university professors or researchers who have followed the candidate during his/her studies and to whom formal reference letters will be requested. These letters are mandatory for the evaluation and they must be received within the same deadline of the present application.
The selection committee will make a pre-selection of short-listed candidates that will be invited for the interview. The pre-selection will be based on the candidate’s academic career, his/her curriculum vitae, and the content of two letters of reference provided by university professors or researchers who have been acquainted with the candidate. The required documentation must be submitted using the electronic format available on the website http://studenti.unibo.it, and by following the instruction of the tutorial.
All the information required to fill the application and to successfully submit it will be published in the dedicated section of the web site http://studenti.unibo.it. The application form must be submitted without exception by 5 pm (Italian time) July 25, 2014. Please note, that the application procedure in the past years has been slightly different for international and Italian candidates. Therefore, for any updates, check the web-site of Collegio Superiore and direct your questions to: email@example.com.