Deadline: 13 June 2014
Open to: students between 18-25 years old from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro or Serbia
Venue:17-22 August 2014, Plav, Montenegro
MAYAA – Montenegrin American Youth Alumni Association invites for The Human Rights are Your Rights: Connecting Generations, Connecting Communities project, that will gather students from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and Kosovo in Montenegro in August 2014. The camp will consist of a series of presentations, lectures and creative workshops on civic activism in support to vulnerable youth groups led by alumni (participants of the State Department Exchange Programs) and the key guest lecturers on the topic. The participants will also learn how to contribute to their own communities, by taking action and participating in volunteering opportunities. Youth alumni coordinators will share their knowledge and experience from the U.S.
After the camp completion, participants will be required to implement their small projects in their home countries/home communities, under supervision from the Alumni Association of that country and to report to MAYAA about the project.
Camp topics will include:
- Identifying human rights issues in the community;
- Regional best practices: What are others doing, and how can you get involved?
- Addressing sensitive issues through the arts;
- Ethical issues for young leaders;
The camp will also include series of interesting activities aimed at supporting topics of the camp and encouraging teambuilding efforts among the participants.
- 18-25 years old students (from High School or University)
- Citiziens of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro or Serbia;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Open minded, interested in learning more about Human Rights; interested in learning more about the region, cultures, and customs; interested in meeting peers from the region and exchanging ideas,etc.
- Have valid travel documents and be available in August 2014 for the Camp participation and in September 2014 for the implementation of the small project in his/her home country.
All expenses are covered by the organisation.