Deadline: 8 July 2014
Open to: experts in medical physics with training experience, fluent in English and one of the Agency’s official languages.
Remuneration: tax-free annual net base salary starting at US $46 819 + employment benefits package.
The Department of Nuclear Sciences and Applications at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna, Austria, calls for a Training Officer working in the Dosimetry and Medical Radiation Physics Section. The Training officer contributes specialized technical knowledge and experience to the implementation of medical physics training activities. This also involves development of new educational material, monitoring and issuing reports on the effectiveness of the training provided, and website maintenance. The training courses are organized under the Technical Cooperation Programme.
The Training Officer is:
- a technical specialist in medical physics;
- a collaborator, supporting the development and update of training material;
- a contributor to developments related to the monitoring of training activities and to maintaining and improving the quality of the training in medical physics;
- an analyst evaluating, extracting and analysing feedback from trainees on the effectiveness of the training activities.
Applicants interested in this post must fulfil the following criteria:
- University degree in medical radiation physics or related field.
- A minimum of two years of working experience in a radiotherapy or diagnostic imaging centre, implementing dosimetry and medical physics procedures.
- Experience as part of a team delivering projects in the area of education and training.
- Fluency in English. Working knowledge of another official IAEA language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) is an asset.
Apart from these education and experience requirements, applicants should have good knowledge of medical physics, including education and clinical training requirement. Applicants should also have excellent computer skills in standard applications for word processing and data analysis, have experience in problem analysis and information research. Teamwork, attention to deadlines and details, and multitasking are also skills necessary for this post.
Successful candidate will receive an attractive salary package including a tax-free annual net base salary starting at US $46 819.
Before applying for this position, please read thoroughly the IAEA application guidelines. In order to complete the on-line application form, you must register first in the On-line Job Application Section.
Remember, deadline for applications is 8 July 2014.
For a detailed description of the Agency’s structure and the Training Officer’s tasks, please read the Official Vacancy Call.