Deadline: 30 September 2014
Open to: non-profit organizations from anywhere in the world
Grant: up to $50,000 (approx. €37,000)
The Journalists and Writers Foundation is a non-governmental organization that promotes peaceful coexistence through dialogue and understanding at global, regional and local levels. Peace Projects is a grant program launched by JWF to support innovative conflict resolution and peace-building projects focused on preventing, managing and resolving violent conflict and promoting post-conflict peace building. After a very successful first year, Peace Projects Grant Program is open again and invites applications for NGO projects promoting peaceful coexistence.
They will accept projects from a broad range of disciplines. Some of the possible themes include:
- Inter-communal and inter-state dialogue/cooperation;
- Pluralism and multiculturalism;
- Youth, conflict and peace-building;
- Post-conflict reconciliation;
- Early warning and conflict prevention;
- Peace education;
- Disarmament, demobilization and reintegration;
- Gender equality and empowerment;
- Role of media in conflict and peace-building.
Peace Projects accepts applications from non-profit organizations anywhere in the world. At least one member of the applicant team must be older than 18 years old.
The Journalists and Writers Foundation will provide funds for projects up to $50,000 (approx. €37,000). The most successfully implemented projects will receive the following additional awards:
- First Place Award: $30,000;
- Second Place Award: $20,000;
- Third Place Award: $10,000.
In order to apply for the grant, applicants must submit in English a summary proposal by 30 September 2014. The proposal must contain the following documents:
- Concept note (no more than 4 pages);
- Short biographies of the Key Personnel (up to 5);
- The budget (the currency used should be only US Dollars).
Submit your application online HERE.
For further information please visit the official website.