Deadline: 15 August 2014
Open to: applicants with a Master’s degree or equivalent within biology
Fellowship: salary of 429,700 – 466,800 NOK per year, plus attractive welfare benefits
Fellowship is awarded in Evolutionary Genomics/Behavioural Ecology at the Natural History Museum (NHM), University of Oslo. The PhD project is part of the larger research program on “Sperm-pathogen interactions and the evolution of ejaculate antimicrobial defences in passerine birds”.
The position is affiliated with the Sex and Evolution Research Group (SERG) at NHM and the Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES) at UiO, and may also include a period of time based in the laboratory of Dr Steve Dorus (Syracuse University, USA). The research team will also include scientists from the USA and Germany. Fieldwork may be conducted at a variety of locations, including Norway and Italy.
The candidate must have broad interests in evolution, behavioural ecology and evolutionary genomics and strong motivation and ability to define his/her own research questions, and hold a Master’s degree or equivalent (e.g. undergraduate honors) within biology.
The candidate should also be also interested in working with passerine birds, and experience working with birds would be advantageous.
- Salary based on salary level 50-55 (NOK 429,700 – 466,800 per year);
- Attractive welfare benefits and membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund;
- Challenging and friendly working environment.
The deadline for application is 15 August 2014.
The application has to be delivered in the electronic recruiting system with following attachments (all in English):
- Application letter;
- CV – summarizing education, positions and academic work, scientific publications and other relevant activities;
- Copies of educational certificates;
- List of publications and academic work that applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluating committee;
- A one page explanation of how a PhD in evolutionary biology (evolutionary genomics and/or behavioural ecology) will fit into the applicant’s career plan;
- Names and contact details of 2-3 referees (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
For further information visit the official website.