Deadline: 10 July 2014
Open to: journalism and media professionals working in the geographic area covered by SEEMO
Award: 3,000 Euro
The South East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO) calls for candidates for the Busek Award for Better Understanding in South, Eastern and Central Europe. The Award is sponsored by Dr. Erhard Busek, a former vice-chancellor of Austria and an influential politician. He is professor ad personam at the Jean Monnet Programme, president of the Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe, coordinator of the South-east European Cooperative Initiative (SECI) and former special coordinator of the Stability Pact for South Eastern Europe.
The Contest is open to journalists, editors, media executives, media experts, writers and journalism trainers who have contributed to promoting better understanding in the region and who have worked towards ending minority-related problems, ethnic divisions, racism, xenophobia, gender discrimination, homophobia and other issues dealing with discrimination. Nominees must come from or work in the geographic area covered by SEEMO: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey and Ukraine.
The South East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO) will award the winner with 3,000 Euro.
The Award is presented only to individuals and self-nominations will not be accepted. If your nomination is supported by another individual or individuals, please identify that person to SEEMO and provide contact information. If your nomination is supported by an organisation or a media outlet, please identify a contact person from that institution.
To nominate a candidate for the Award, please send SEEMO the following information in English:
- A letter of nomination with basic details about the candidate and the reasons why you propose the specific candidate;
- The candidate’s Curriculum Vitae;
- Supporting material: a list of the candidate’s merits, information about the media which published and/or broadcast the candidate’s work; and copies of articles or reports, copies of books published by the journalist, or any other relevant material. SEEMO will not return the supporting material, so make sure you send copies rather than originals;
- Your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number (mobile and land-based) and email address;
- The candidate’s contact information, including name, address, telephone number (mobile and land-based) and email address.
You can send the documents by email: email@example.com or by a registered letter to:
SEEMO/IPI Busek Award 2014
1010 Vienna, Austria
Remember, deadline for applications is 10 July 2014.
For more information, please contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit SEEMO’s official website.