Deadline: 17 July 2014
Open to: young entrepreneurs with permanent residency in one of the 28 EU Member States
Grant: travel costs plus monthly allowance
“Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs” is a cross-border exchange programme which gives new or aspiring entrepreneurs the chance to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small businesses in other European Countries.
The programme, financed by the European Commission, provides practical and financial assistance for young entrepreneurs spending time in the business of experienced host entrepreneurs for 1 to 6 months. The matching of the new entrepreneurs with their host is carried out with the help of the EU Intermediary Organisations (IOs).
The specific objectives of the programme are:
- on-the-job-training for new entrepreneurs in the EU;
- exchanges of experience and information between entrepreneurs on obstacles and challenges;
- to enhance market access and identification of potential partners;
- networking by building on knowledge and experience from other European countries between entrepreneurs.
The exchange programme is a win-win collaboration whereby both entrepreneurs can discover new European markets, business partners and different ways of doing business.
In order to participate in the programme you must:
- be a permanent resident in one of the 28 EU Member States;
- have already started your own business within the last 3 years or be firmly planning to start your own business;
- have a concrete project or business idea, reflected in a business plan; and
- be motivated and committed to collaborate during your stay with an experienced entrepreneur from another country.
The entrepreneurs will receive a monthly subsistence allowance. The amount varies depending on the country. In addition, travel costs to and from the country of the stay will be covered.
The deadline to apply is 17 July 2014.
For further information please visit the official website.