Deadline: 13 July 2014
Open to: young Europeans under the age of 30
Award: two awards enabling collaborations with internationally established artists
The Trieste Contemporanea Committee, the L’Officina Cultural Association and the Studio Tommaseo of Trieste, in collaboration with the Institute for Contemporary Art – Zagreb, announce the first edition of the Squeeze it Trieste Contemporanea Contest.
The Contest is dedicated to Franco Jesurun, a professional artist of the theater and founder of the above mentioned cultural organizations in Trieste. The main aim of the contest to promote and support new artistic creations at the crossing of theater and the visual arts in the European Area.
The contest is open to young contestants under the age of 30 (born after 13 July 1984), from EU member countries, CEI member states, Kosovo, and Turkey.
The organizers will give two awards:
- The Franco Jesurun Award 2014 – the winner will have the opportunity to collaborate with an internationally renowned video artist and realize a professional video of the theatrical action which won the prize;
- The Online Squeeze it Award 2014 – the winner of the winning video clip will be invited to participate in the workshop of the finalists.
Organizers will cover travel and accommodation expenses of the finalist project leaders for the final evening. Organizers will also pay for the participation in the workshop of the finalist project leaders as well as for the winner of the Squeeze it Award and the production of the video of the winner of the Franco Jesurun Award.
The Contest does not have any application fees.
Applicants must submit the all the application materials through the online application form.
Documents have to be written both in English and in the candidates’ native language.
Every candidate will provide a written presentation of an original project and a video clip. Both of them must be unpublished.
The following documentation must be presented:
- personal data, curriculum vitae and an ID card of the participant or of the project leader;
- personal data of components of the eventual group;
- the title of the project and its abstract;
- the written presentation of the project;
- a video clip which does not exceed 4 minutes;
- up to 2 other documents containing any other material added to the project which is considered to be pertinent to the candidacy.
Only candidates submitting full documentation will be admitted for the Contest.
The deadline for applications is 13 July 2014.