Deadline: 29 June 2014
Open to: youth between 18-30 years old from Youth for Exchange and Understanding member organizations
Venue: 30 July – 7 August 2014 in Belgium
The 33rd International Youth Convention (IYC), organized by Youth For Exchange and Understanding, will be a 9 working days event which will take place in Belgium, gathering 30 young people from YEU member organizations.
This year the IYC14 will be focus on advocating and lobbying for green sustainability, and the main aim is to develop the competences of the participants regarding sustainable development and its importance nowadays. All the activities that will be carried out during the training course will be based on non-formal education methods and experiential outdoor education.
The objectives of the convention are:
- to explore the concept of sustainable development;
- to acquire competences related to advocating on local, national and international level;
- to prepare a policy paper on sustainable development and youth work advocating on all mentioned levels.
In order to be considered eligible to apply you must be a member of a YEU organization.
Priority will be given to those that most closely meet this criteria:
- between 18 and 30 years old;
- are able to work in English;
- are committed to attend for the full duration of the event;
- have an interest and expertise in the topic;
- willing to learn and motivated to share experience after the event.
YEU International covers all costs related to accommodation and the visa fees. They will also cover 50% of travel costs if it is the cheapest way from the resident country.
The deadline for applications is the 29th June, midnight, CET.
The application process is online and you can complete the application form HERE.
If you have any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or check the official call.