Deadline: 21 July 2014
Open to: Roma students pursuing Bachelor, Master, Doctorate, or Postdoctoral education outside their home country
Scholarship: up to maximum 9,050 EUR /per academic year
Roma Education Fund’s Scholarship Program (REF SP) announces the opening of its yearly scholarship cycle of the Roma International Scholar Program (RISP). The Program is designed to provide partial support to Roma students who are citizens of one of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine, for pursuing Bachelor, Master, Doctorate, or Postdoctoral education outside their home country or country of residence. The aim of the scholarship is to promote academic mobility of Roma students and support their academic integration internationally.
The scholarship grant is meant to be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- Tuition and exam fees: first and most important expense category that REF will consider is to ensure tuition fee is secured, either covered in full by university or third party entities (i.e. sponsors, foundations, institutions. Etc.), or matched with REF’s support;
- Living expenses: expenses other than tuition fees, in case tuition fee amount is secured by any of the above-mentioned source or combination;
- Other: travel, academic books and materials, health insurance, etc.
The grant amount under RISP can go up to maximum 9,050 EUR /per academic year.
To be eligible the applicants must:
- Declare themselves openly as Roma;
- Have been (or will be) accepted at a state accredited university to pursue studies for obtaining a Bachelor, Master, Doctorate, or Post-Doctorate degree, in a country other than his/her home country as full-time students in the 2014-2015 academic year; Persons planning to get enrolled in a university in the upcoming year, but who are not enrolled in one at the moment of application, are also eligible to apply;
- The home country or country of residence must be one of the Program countries, as follows: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
In order to be considered for scholarship in the academic year 2014-2015 applicants must comply with the Program deadlines:
Stage one – submission of Application online HERE by 21 July 2014
Stage two – submission of Enrollment Certificate, and if the case, of Tuition Fee Certificate by 15 October 2014
For further information visit the official website HERE.