Deadline: 9 July 2014
Open to: holders of master degree in social sciences with knowledge of gender in peace-building issues
Remuneration: gross pay per month between CHF 1,500 – 2,400
The Center for Peacebuilding (KOFF) is the Swiss networking platform for state and non-governmental peace-building actors to promote policy dialogue and processes of common learning. In addition to roundtables and workshops devoted to specific countries and topics, KOFF offers consultancy services, strategy development and training programs tailored to members’ needs. KOFF is funded and supported by the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs and 45 Swiss non-governmental organizations.
The tasks of the intern will be:
- Thematic and administrative support to the KOFF project director;
- Support to the KOFF gender focal point: Research on various gender & peace-building topics in support of ongoing mandates and missions;
- Assistance with the planning and organization of roundtables, workshops and trainings;
- Writing minutes and documents.
The profile of the intern should be:
- Masters Degree in social sciences or equivalent (in principle);
- Knowledge of gender in peace-building issues (gender studies is an advantage);
- Some work experience in the field of international cooperation and/or peace-building;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle flexible workload;
- Excellent knowledge of English, comprehension of spoken and written German.
Selected intern will get gross pay per month between CHF 1,500 – 2,400 depending on qualifications and previous work experience.
Please send your CV and motivation letter by email to [email protected] no later than 9 July 2014 with the reference “Internship at KOFF – swisspeace 2014” in the subject heading of the email.
For further information, please visit the official call.