Deadline: 22 September 2014
Open to: civil society organizations from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey and Kosovo
Grant: 50.000 – 225.000 EUR
The present programme focuses on CSO, i.e. all not-for-profit, non-market and non-state organisations and structures in which people organise to pursue shared objectives and ideals. It is part of the Civil Society Facility which was set up by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Enlargement to give financial support for the development of civil society in the Western Balkans and Turkey. The programme’s purpose is to achieve: ‘A more dynamic civil society actively participating in public debate on democracy, human rights, social inclusion and the rule of law and with capacity to influence policy and decision making processes’.
The activities to be implemented should contribute to the overall EU Enlargement policy on civil society development and lead to the following main results:
- Improved co-operation between Civil Society and public authorities;
- Better understanding and visibility of the work carried out by Civil Society;
- Regional and national CSO partnerships/networks perform timely consultations with citizens, pool expertise and produce high quality research, monitoring and strategic advocacy;
- Government institutions recognise the importance and value of civil society participation in reform processes.
The operating grants will be awarded to existing organisations and associations of CSOs who already are active in the Western Balkans and Turkey. Organisations that wish to apply must be active at a regional level, national CSOs are not targeted by this programme. The applicant organizations should be active in the following fields in order for the application to be considered:
- Strengthened capacity and efforts to provide analysis, advocacy and monitoring of key sector reforms at regional and national levels;
- Improvement of the environment for civil activism and state-civil society dialogue at regional and national levels;
- Improvement of the legitimacy, transparency and accountability of CSOs in the region.
The purpose of an operating grant is to provide financial support towards the functioning of a body in its core activities. Any grant requested must fall between the following minimum amount – EUR 50 000 and maximum amount – EUR 225 000. Any grant requested under this must fall between the following minimum – 60% of the total estimated eligible costs and maximum – 90%.
The full application package is available here. Prior registration in online-database PADOR is obligatory for all applicants, co-applicants and affiliated entities. Applications must be submitted in one original and 2 copies in A4 size, each bound and also electronic version via email.
For further information, please visit the official website.