Deadline: 22 July 2014
Open to: candidates with some experience in project management and NGO work
Remuneration: monthly gross pay 2 400 €
The European Youth Press (EYP) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced person to fill the position of Secretary General. The selected candidate will be requested to work full-time at the secretariat in Brussels and will be responsible for:
- The co-management, organisation and implementation of EYP projects, workshops, seminar, campaigns and other EYP-related activities;
- External representation at different events, organisations and political institutions in the Brussels area;
- External communication and support for Member Organisations of the EYP;
- The administration of the organisation, including basic financial management together with the book-keeper and treasurer;
- Identifying and writing grant and project proposals;
- Daily office work, including the supervision of EYP interns.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in project management and administration;
- Experience in non-governmental organisations, preferably on a European level;
- Basic knowledge of finances and book-keeping;
- Experience in writing grant applications, ideally for EU grants;
- Excellent written and spoken command of English knowledge of other languages, in particular French, is an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and be familiar with online communication;
- A strong interest in the media, prior experience in media making is desirable;
- At least a Bachelor degree.
The candidate should show flexibility, personal commitment and motivation in supporting activities organised by the EYP. Further the candidate should be a team player and have experience in managing multicultural and multilingual teams. Acquaintance with the work of the EYP of desirable. Starting date is as soon as possible.
Monthly gross pay is 2,400€. EYP offers an interesting and international working environment in a small, young and efficient team with flexible and independent work. In addition they offer the opportunity of participating in the many projects that the EYP organises throughout the year.
Applications should be sent to [email protected] (subject: Application Secretary General) until 22 July 2014, 23:59 CET. A complete application should include:
- A motivational letter (max 500 words);
- A CV including two references (max two (2) pages);
- A proposal for a project that would fit within the mandate of EYP, including potential funding possibilities (max 500 words).
For further information, please visit the official website.