Deadline: 25 July 2014
Open to: students and young professionals with an interest in conservation and/or museums from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania and Serbia
Benefits: tuition, on-site accommodation with breakfast, camp excursions, materials for camp participation
Cultural Heritage Without Borders organizes two exciting Regional Restoration Camps (RRC) happening September 13 – 27, 2014 in Gjirokastra, Albania and Mitrovica, Kosovo.
1. The 19th Regional Restoration Camp in Gjirokastra
The camp will focus primarily on building conservation, heritage management and interpretation, including lectures and the practical works:
- Vasillaq Naka house, roof construction (wood work);
- Angoni house (plaster group);
- Sinani house or Bazaar shop (plaster group);
- Dalipi house (survey group).
2. The 20th Regional Restoration Camp in Mitrovica
The camp will be about the conservation of movable objects and interpretation within a museum setting, including lectures and the practical works:
- Preventive conservation;
- Textile conservation;
- Organic object conservation;
- Cataloguing objects.
If you have already participated in the camp the previous years, and would like to experience the Camps again, you may apply to be a volunteer leader (available only for the camp in Gjirokastra, find details HERE).
Students and young professionals with an interest in conservation and/or museums are eligible to apply.
For participants originally from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania and Serbia CHwB will cover the following costs of the Camp:
- On-site accommodation with breakfast;
- Camp excursions;
- Materials for camp participation, including tools, papers, etc.
Participants originally from countries not listed above must pay a 750 euro fee. All participants will be responsible for paying for:
- Their own meals;
- Travel to the location of the Camp.
Application deadline is 25 July 2014.
For further information visit the official website HERE.