Deadline: 31 July 2014
Open to: French and English speakers with at least one year of relevant experience
Remuneration: not specified
The Foundation for European Progressive Studies is the only progressive think tank at European level, with almost 50 member political Foundations and think tanks across Europe. FEPS embodies a new way of thinking on the social democratic, socialist and labour scene in Europe. As a platform for ideas, FEPS works in close collaboration with social democratic organisations, and in particular national foundations and think tanks, to tackle the challenges that Europe faces today.
The Foundation for European Progressive Studies is now looking for an events organiser for a full-time, temporary contract. This position is mainly to work on the larger events, for which FEPS does 1-2 a year, in Brussels or across Europe. Sometimes they also hold events outside of Europe.
The tasks will include:
- full organization of larger conferences such as Call to Europe;
- assisting in smaller activities of the Foundation;
- invitations, venues, hotels, flights, speakers, targeting audiences, assisting with the communication strategy.
In order to be eligible the main requirements are:
- at least 1 year experience of working in Brussels or in a similar domain;
- fluency in English and French;
- good organisational skills;
- ability to work in a small team;
- capability to follow own responsibilities independently.
The remuneration details will be discussed during the interview.
The contract will start as soon as possible, preferably from the 1st September. The position will be a full-time temporary contract until the 31st December 2015, with the possibility for prolongation.
In order to apply for this position you must send your CV in English and a cover letter to: [email protected]
The deadline to apply is 31 July 2014.
Interviews will be held on the last week of August; all candidates will be contacted at the end of the selection process to be notified on their applicant status.
For further information please visit the official website.