Deadline: 31 October 2014
Open to: Incorporated foundations and corporations, NPO corporations, universities and other educational institutions, and private organizations conducting non-profit activities from all countries
Grants: vary from 20.000 to 100.000 USD
The Sasakawa Peace Foundation (SPF) seeks to contribute to the welfare of humanity, the development of sound international community, and thus, to world peace.
The Sasakawa Peace Foundation accepts grant proposals from eligible organizations in different categories, including Regular projects and Special funds.
Projects must promote international understanding, exchange, and cooperation, and must accord with program policy of SPF and program guidelines of SPF special funds.
Regular projects- Projects must address the fields which are considered important from the Sasakawa Peace Foundation and must promote international understanding, exchange, and cooperation. The categories who are considered as such are:
1. Efforts to Ensure Peace and Security in the International Community
- Peace Building and Security Issues;
- Non-Traditional Security Issues.
2. Addressing Positive and Negative Aspects of Globalization
- Market and Disparities Issues;
- Issues Involving Demographic Changes and Population Movement;
- Interface Issues between Science and Technology and Society.
Special Funds – This kind of projects must elaborate the issues in the Asian and Pacific Islands Regions. There are four prioritized geographical areas:
- The Sasakawa Pacific Islands Nations Funds;
- The Sasakawa Japan-China Friendship Fund;
- The Sasakawa Middle East Islam Fund;
- The Sasakawa Pan Asia Fund.
The Sasakawa Peace Foundation accepts applications from non-profit organizations and voluntary organizations from all countries. Businesses and individuals are not eligible to apply.
The Sasakawa Peace Foundation will provide funds varying from 20.000 to 100.000 USD. The grant period is from 1 to 3 years. The SPF budget year begins April 1, and ends the following March 31.
In order to apply for the grant you need to download the application sheet available on the official web site.You need to write the project description including the following: Project Title, Background, Objective, Target Group of People, Project Description and Schedule, Participants, Products, Budget Plan.