Deadline: 12 September 2014
Open to: design students or graduates of all disciplines
Prizes: overall value of the prizes is 80,000 Euro
The European Fashion Award FASH is an international annual competition held by the German Fashion Industry Foundation since 2005. Thanks to its tradition, fairness, authentic industry focus, challenging tasks, international jury, complex selection process, refined documentation, as well as the subsequent success of former award winners, FASH has become one of the most important sponsorship award for fashion design students.
Registration is now open for the 10th anniversary of the European Fashion Award FASH and students in the EU and around the world are invited to submit their best work for 2015. The European Fashion Award FASH 2015 on the topic of “Freedom” is searching for fashion as an expression of attitude: social utopia, poetic symbol of protest, or escape from the everyday routine.
The Competition is divided into two categories: students and graduates. All submitted projects will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Quality of the analysis, autonomy of the concept;
- Overall concept (analysis, strategy, understanding and realization of the topic, target group, interdisciplinary character);
- Innovation/vision (e.g. combination of fashion and function);
- Functionality (mobility, ergonomics, material selection);
- Technical and design implementation (sketch quality, material selection, presentation, workmanship, fit, colour concept).
The contest is open to especially talented design students of all disciplines, but especially from the fashion and textile design areas. Students of full age, currently enrolled in their fourth semester or higher are entitled to participate. Groups containing students from the fourth semester and higher, may also include younger students.
Final projects, theses and dissertations, as well as bachelor and masters projects can also be submitted if they correspond to the task and were created in 2014. Designs shall not have been already published. Works can be submitted by individuals, interdisciplinary teams, and/or in collaborations with companies.
The award purse totals 10,000 Euro. The European Fashion Award FASH 2015 will be presented in two categories:
- Students. 1st Prize: 2,500 Euro / 2nd Prize: 1,500 Euro / 3rd Prize: 1,000 Euro;
- Graduates. 1st Prize: 2,500 Euro / 2nd Prize: 1,500 Euro / 3rd Prize: 1,000 Euro.
The registration deadline is 12 September 2014. The application procedure is:
- Fill in the online form;
- Organizers will send out your personal participant number via e-mail;
- Send the completed and signed application with your complete material.
For further information, please visit the official website.
2 thoughts on “European Fashion Award on the Topic of Freedom”
Truly quite a lot of terrific tips!
Thank you. A good amount of forum posts.