Deadline: 10 September 2014
Open to: civil servants under 40 from the Western Balkan countries
Fellowship: monthly stipend
The Programme “Supporting Excellence and Leadership in Governance” aims to contribute to the development of effective and efficient state administrations in the region by offering a tailor-made fellowship and training programme for highly qualified young professionals from the central government of the countries of the Western Balkans. Up to 20 scholarships are made available for civil servants to spend a three-month fellowship in government institutions in Austria, Belgium, The Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, The Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and The United Kingdom. By participating in the Programme, the Fellows have the opportunity to get professional experience in EU countries’ federal or state government agencies, to acquire leadership and management skills at seminars, and have an opportunity to get closely acquainted with their colleagues from the region as well as the EU-
In order to apply, you have to be:
- national of one of the Western Balkan countries;
- maximum age of 40;
- at least 3 years of professional experience upon completing studies and at least 2 years as a civil servant for state authority;
- excellent academic qualifications;
- very good knowledge of English and ideally basic knowledge of the language of the host country;
- sound knowledge of national and international politics and economics and strong interest in the political development of Europe;
- negotiating skills, team-work skills, excellent writing skills.
The costs for participation in the Programme will be covered by the European Fund for the Balkans. Throughout the Fellowship Programme, fellows will receive a monthly stipend, in addition to a relocation fee. The costs for language training are covered by the European Fund for the Balkans. Travel, accommodation, visa fees and health insurance (if necessary) and any other essential maintenance costs relating to seminars and other compulsory events are also covered.
All applications must be submitted online using Online Application System. You will be requested to upload the following documents:
- Detailed CV in English;
- Confirmation by an employer that you will be approved the necessary leave of absence from April 2015 to July 2015, in case you are accepted for the Fellowship Programme;
- Motivation Letter;
- Programme Preferences where you should outline your preferences regarding a host country and host institution.
Short-listed candidates will be notified of the results by e-mail at the end of September/beginning of October 2014 with an invitation for an interview. The interviews will be carried out in October 2014 in Belgrade and Skopje.
For further information, please visit the official website.