Deadline: 24 August 2014
Open to: graduates in political science, social science or other relevant field; or people with extensive experience in NGO/non formal education
Remuneration: €2,754 per month plus other benefits
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the Platform of Youth Organisations in Europe, that represents 99 youth organisations, both National Youth Councils and International Non-Governmental Youth Organisations. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interest and those of their organisations.
The European Youth Forum is now recruiting a Policy Officer who will work in the Policy Development and Advocacy Department and will report to the Coordinator for the related area. The successful candidate will coordinate the work in the field of Youth Policy, and will also coordinate the work of the structured dialogue in cooperation with the European Commission and the Member States.
In order to be eligible for the position you should have:
- A university degree in political science, social science or other relevant field, or extensive relevant NGO and/or non-formal education experience;
- Sensitivity to youth policy issues and a good knowledge of the different institutional partners with whom the YFJ works, such as the European Parliament, the European Commission or the Council of Europe;
- Background and experience in youth policy and/or structured dialogue;
- Experience with youth work and project management;
- Experience with working in a multicultural environment;
- Capacity to multi-task and co-ordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Ability to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Advanced level in spoken and written English (knowledge of other languages is a plus);
- Computer literacy, with good working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and internet applications;
- Ability to live in Brussels, to travel, and to work flexible hours and on weekends, when required.
The contract is full time (35 hours per week) and the gross monthly salary is 2,754 Euro. A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Besides, travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
The deadline to apply is 24 August 2014.
Interviews will be held on September 4 in Brussels and the successful candidate will be expected to start in October 2014.
For further information please visit the official call.